(So, these pictures are completely unrelated to what I’ve written here today, but they sure make me smile. I love that my basement is Thor’s motorcycle course. I love that Ian has all his clothes on backwards. I just love it so much I can hardly stand it.)
It’s the end of the first day of the year and I feel like I need to just sit and write something. 2011 was good. I grew a baby, fell deeper in love with my husband, watched my children grow into more of themselves. I feel privileged to be here to witness it all.
I’m also feeling like there is more growing I need to do, like I’ve been in a state of stagnation, like I need to push a little deeper and grow into more of myself. I’ve never been one for New Year’s resolutions (generally because I’m horribly inconsistent and not super good at following through on things) but I do believe there is power in putting things in writing so I’m just going to make a list of things I want for this new year.
- I want to read more– to have meaningful things to think about.
- There are three things I want to do just about every day– scripture study, yoga, and writing.
- I want to design fabric.
- I want to feel like I’m using my time just as God would have me use it– to end each day with no regrets.
- I want to stop comparing myself to others.
- I want to stop worrying about what others think of me.
- I want to feel confident that the relationship I have with each of my children is just what it should be. I want to feel confident that there is no doubt in their minds how much I love them.
- I want to organize and decorate my home with beauty and intention– filling it with things that are beautiful, meaningful, and useful.
- I want to be a source of inspiration for someone- to somehow make another’s life better by something I say or do.
I’m sure I could go on. There is always so much room for improvement. I have t his mantra I often repeat to myself
Be content and reach.
Be happy with the place you’re at, but always, always keep trying to be better.
How about you? What do you want for the new year?